• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

mirto

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
45
Reaction score
25
Location
NL
Vehicles
I-Pace
Country flag
@Moheisen(FirstEV) at the Cayenne's price premium, especially when comparing Turbo to Turbo, I'd be hard pressed to justify it if I didn't really need what Cayenne offered. It's definitely the better product, but you also pay for the size and tech of it. Just my opinion of course.
 
OP
OP
CHP

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
485
Reaction score
471
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag

Awaz

Active Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
28
Reaction score
28
Location
UK
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
@mirto
I agree with your observation of not really needing space. I went to the showroom today and noticed Cayenne was far too big compared to the Macan EV, which was there as well.
We are, in the main, just the two of us in the car, and only occasionally someone sitting in the back seats. My wife (short physique) travelled in the back a couple of times and found the space good enough.
For me, Macan is better suited to some narrow European streets when we travel.
Build quality-wise, I have no rattles or squeaks in my Macan EV. No doubt Cayenne has more luxury inside, but with extra leather and other options, Macan can also look nice.
 
  • Like
Reactions: CHP
OP
OP
CHP

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
485
Reaction score
471
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
@mirto
I agree with your observation of not really needing space. I went to the showroom today and noticed Cayenne was far too big compared to the Macan EV, which was there as well.
We are, in the main, just the two of us in the car, and only occasionally someone sitting in the back seats. My wife (short physique) travelled in the back a couple of times and found the space good enough.
For me, Macan is better suited to some narrow European streets when we travel.
Build quality-wise, I have no rattles or squeaks in my Macan EV. No doubt Cayenne has more luxury inside, but with extra leather and other options, Macan can also look nice.
Car width is my main concern as well, they are both wide. I had to drive my wife's Mini while waiting for Cayenne. Well, still using it for some school runs as Mini is so much easier to drive in narrow streets with incoming traffic. The suspension in Cayenne is much softer and you don't get the hot hatch feeling but otherwise no significant difference in terms of handling. The only problem may be garage with larger doors and length - doesn't matter to me but had problems to get out in my father's. I spect my car with extra leather in the centre console, so yes, it's nice but Cayenne feels notably different. With similar spec, difference between Macan 4S and Cayenne base is not much. I would give the Cayenne Coupe a try for a day, but yes, it's much bigger, even compared to ICE Cayenne.
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
381
Reaction score
279
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I too initially found the Cayenne to be a lot bigger. After driving it for a couple of months I now wonder if it’s as much perception as actual. The car looks far more ‘muscular’ as it’s is longer, higher and wider but according to various websites it is only circa 40mm wider ignoring mirrors. Initially it felt a lot wider but now not so much.

Due to safety constraints all cars are lot wider than previous models but in the UK the parking bays have not followed this trend. This accentuates the increased width of the Cayenne whenever you park alongside another car. I optioned the remote parking to help overcome the selfish idiots that park too close to give them more room on the other side to exit & enter - my station car park is notorious for that.
 

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
257
Reaction score
220
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Is it just me or was the 1st gen Taycan Steering Wheel Peak? I really wish they'd kept the Regen/Recuperation button instead of swapping it for Skip Track.
 
OP
OP
CHP

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
485
Reaction score
471
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
Rarely (can't recall if I ever did) skip a song either or play with regen mode. I really use driving settings a lot and loved push to pass (not on base unfortunately). Guess Taycan GTS steering wheel will be available at some point, possibly introduced with Cayenne GTS.

Things I would like to have:
- more prominent outdoor temperature (blocked by steering wheel)
- easier toggle between radio, CarPlay and Porsche audio
- I wish there would be an option to save different tube settings (maybe I missed that option).
- One Tube being able to display CarPlay (for example Waze traffic warning)
- Improved functionality of Mood modes, kind of gimmick at the moment. I think Mood modes have a lot of potential.
 

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
271
Reaction score
147
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
Is it just me or was the 1st gen Taycan Steering Wheel Peak? I really wish they'd kept the Regen/Recuperation button instead of swapping it for Skip Track.
Absolutely!


Never pressed regen once …
My default setting was recuperation "off", but I found the recup button useful when you need a small amount of retardation, such as coasting up behind someone on the motorway, and it was easier than moving your foot to the brake pedal. I too was annoyed when they took it away from the steering wheel.
 

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
257
Reaction score
220
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Rarely (can't recall if I ever did) skip a song either or play with regen mode. I really use driving settings a lot and loved push to pass (not on base unfortunately). Guess Taycan GTS steering wheel will be available at some point, possibly introduced with Cayenne GTS.

Things I would like to have:
- more prominent outdoor temperature (blocked by steering wheel)
- easier toggle between radio, CarPlay and Porsche audio
- I wish there would be an option to save different tube settings (maybe I missed that option).
- One Tube being able to display CarPlay (for example Waze traffic warning)
- Improved functionality of Mood modes, kind of gimmick at the moment. I think Mood modes have a lot of potential.
Only had my Cayenne for 2 days before it went off for PPF. I'm sure i'll find more annoyances once it's back.
 
Last edited:

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
257
Reaction score
220
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Absolutely!


My default setting was recuperation "off", but I found the recup button useful when you need a small amount of retardation, such as coasting up behind someone on the motorway, and it was easier than moving your foot to the brake pedal. I too was annoyed when they took it away from the steering wheel.
Yes! Exactly that. Although so far i've been leaving recuperation on all the time with the Cayenne. I now prefer the "engine" braking rather than coasting
 
 
Top