• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

First minor issue - opening door from inside

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
397
Reaction score
293
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I have had an intermittent issue with opening the drivers door from the inside. I took it in today

(they said bring it in straight away). They tried the doors on the 2 Cayenne EV's they were prepping for handover - same problem.

They have reported it to HQ. The technician thinks he has a resolution - adjusting the motors / soft close mechanism. They will try this on the cars being prepped, if unsuccessful I'll get a call when HQ has a resolution.

 

KP_Cayenne

Member
First Name
karl
Joined
Jul 6, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
21
Reaction score
33
Location
Plymouth
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
well thats a bit crap it can leave the factory like that ?! Makes you wonder about QC on the rest of the car
 
First Name
Rob
Joined
Sep 4, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
FL & NJ
Vehicles
1988 930 Cab. original owner, 2021 BGTS 4.0 wife’s, 2016 F-150 Plat. wt V8
Country flag
Technology is a wonderful thing when it works. I hope it’s just a programming issue and not an incorrectly manufactured component.

Maybe it’s just me showing my age but I sorta like analog vehicles.
 

Fun TC Driving

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Threads
57
Messages
368
Reaction score
247
Location
Pacific Northwest
Vehicles
2024 Macan EV Turbo, 2023 C8 Z06
Country flag
It will get fixed on these three, and Porsche will have fixed this problem on future ones. The Cayenne EV will remain an overall outstanding vehicle, though having not atypical early teething problems. As both Kelley Blue Book and J.D. Power note about these early issues,” no matter what brand first year of a vehicle, and also for first year of a new generation of an existing vehicle, they have them. “
 
OP
OP

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
397
Reaction score
293
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
This isn't a software issue - it's mechanical. I think it's as if the soft close is trying to keep the car closed.
 

max35111

Active Member
Joined
Aug 21, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
32
Reaction score
19
Location
london
Vehicles
cayenne ev
Country flag
I have had an intermittent issue with opening the drivers door from the inside. I took it in today

(they said bring it in straight away). They tried the doors on the 2 Cayenne EV's they were prepping for handover - same problem.

They have reported it to HQ. The technician thinks he has a resolution - adjusting the motors / soft close mechanism. They will try this on the cars being prepped, if unsuccessful I'll get a call when HQ has a resolution.

Well that sucks. Hope quickly fixed.
Unrelated question: what’s your leather colour please ? And do you have more pictures ? Thanks
 
OP
OP

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
397
Reaction score
293
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
It's Magnesium & Black. It goes really well the grey trim that comes with it. I'll take some photos tomorrow.

I had chalk / black in the Macan but prefer the magnesium.
 

Helpless8625

New Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Switzerland
Vehicles
Cayenne Electric Turbo, Macan Electric Turbo
Country flag
I have a very similar issue on my Cayenne Electric Turbo, except it only affects the driver's door from the outside: the car is unlocked but the door won't open, while opening from the inside works fine. It has happened 4 times so far and I can't reproduce it consistently. After the first 3 I took it to the garage and they replaced the locking mechanism, but it has happened once more since.

Did your dealer find a fix in the end?
 
OP
OP

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
397
Reaction score
293
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
The same issue happened this morning when the passenger door wouldn't open from outside so this seems to be a developing issue.

My dealer now runs a 'triage service' for non urgent' issues. I took my car in for a technician to investigate the issue with the door not opening from the inside and is in contact with HQ for a resolution. Mine is the 3rd Cayenne EV with the issue.

I've asked the dealer to now look into the other door not opening from the outside initially.

I'll let you know how it goes.
 
 
Top