• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Test drove cayenne S in Sydney

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
370
Reaction score
264
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I wonder if it is the tyre noise - According to the configurator the Michelin are a fair bit ‘noisy’ than say my Hanhook’s. The Hanhook & Pirelli 21” rears are 72db and the Michelin are 75db.
 

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
@MikeyS do you have the insulated windows?
No I don’t. I’ll just turn the radio up. 😂 some road surfaces are worse than others. And I probably noticed it more because I jumped out of a RRS and went straight into the Cayenne.
 
OP
OP
ashP

ashP

Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2026
Threads
4
Messages
18
Reaction score
14
Location
Australia
Vehicles
macan, cayenne s electric on order
Country flag
No I don’t. I’ll just turn the radio up. 😂 some road surfaces are worse than others. And I probably noticed it more because I jumped out of a RRS and went straight into the Cayenne.
Would love to hear your verdict on RRS vs PC on the following… can you pick a winner in each category? We understand you’ve only had the PC for a few days so you may not have all the answers

1)Fun of driving
2)Suspension/ride comfort
3)Emotional appeal to driver
4)Status symbol to rest of the world
5)Which one causes less driver fatigue after a long drive
6)Interior Body roll
7)feeling of interior space
8)overall owners satisfaction

Cheers!
 
  • Like
Reactions: dba

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
262
Reaction score
139
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
No I don’t. I’ll just turn the radio up. 😂 some road surfaces are worse than others. And I probably noticed it more because I jumped out of a RRS and went straight into the Cayenne.

My salesman told me to not bother with noise reducing glass because while it helps with wind noise, it does nothing for tyre noise, and as I'm going with the Sport Techno rims, it would be a waste of money.
 

Moheisen(FirstEV)

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mohammad
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
220
Reaction score
198
Location
Sweden
Vehicles
Cayenne Electric
Country flag
My salesman told me to not bother with noise reducing glass because while it helps with wind noise, it does nothing for tyre noise, and as I'm going with the Sport Techno rims, it would be a waste of money.
It is also heat insulated, which is an USP in of it self. During the summer heat (30-35 degrees at most) it was a blessing in disguise, especially with the direct sunlight on the car. However, I have small kids so maybe that is more important for me than others.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dba

cutting42

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gareth
Joined
May 7, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
59
Reaction score
62
Location
London, Greater London
Vehicles
McLaren 650, BMW M235i, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
My salesman told me to not bother with noise reducing glass because while it helps with wind noise, it does nothing for tyre noise, and as I'm going with the Sport Techno rims, it would be a waste of money.
Hmm, interesting. I am approaching my cutoff date and currently have insulated glass and Sport Techno's. Might be a better use of the budget, was wondering about the tow bar and a bike rack.
 

Clod Reed

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
284
Reaction score
136
Location
Wales UK
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Hmm, interesting. I am approaching my cutoff date and currently have insulated glass and Sport Techno's. Might be a better use of the budget, was wondering about the tow bar and a bike rack.
insulated glass and Sport Techno's great choices …go with what makes you happy ..your building the car for you …my salesman is a clown….was suggesting not going with features that weren’t even on the options list🫪 like night view assist (taycan)
 

cutting42

Well-Known Member
First Name
Gareth
Joined
May 7, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
59
Reaction score
62
Location
London, Greater London
Vehicles
McLaren 650, BMW M235i, Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
insulated glass and Sport Techno's great choices …go with what makes you happy ..your building the car for you …my salesman is a clown….was suggesting not going with features that weren’t even on the options list🫪 like night view assist (taycan)
Sensible words, ...... must stop overthinking must stop overthinking
 

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
Hmm, interesting. I am approaching my cutoff date and currently have insulated glass and Sport Techno's. Might be a better use of the budget, was wondering about the tow bar and a bike rack.
When I ordered mine, having the towbar meant that I would have to wait much longer for the car as they didn’t have the parts, so I cancelled it on the configuration and will have it retro fitted when available.
 

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
8
Reaction score
6
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
Would love to hear your verdict on RRS vs PC on the following… can you pick a winner in each category? We understand you’ve only had the PC for a few days so you may not have all the answers

1)Fun of driving
2)Suspension/ride comfort
3)Emotional appeal to driver
4)Status symbol to rest of the world
5)Which one causes less driver fatigue after a long drive
6)Interior Body roll
7)feeling of interior space
8)overall owners satisfaction

Cheers!
1)Fun of driving - CAYENNE
2)Suspension/ride comfort - RRS
3)Emotional appeal to driver - CANT DECIDE
4)Status symbol to rest of the world - RRS ?
5)Which one causes less driver fatigue after a long drive - NOT SURE YET
6)Interior Body roll. CAYENNE 110%
7)feeling of interior space - SIMILAR
8)overall owners satisfaction - TO EARLY TO SAY

ashP, I’m sitting on the fence a bit as it’s still early days. But they are very different cars.
The RRS is a fantastic luxurious limousine, where you sit up high and it’s a very nice place to be, but it didn’t lend itself to driving quickly. I used to drive it like I was a chauffeur.
on the other hand the Cayenne is not soft, it’s fun, it’s very fast and it makes me smile.
You could say that one is boring and one is not, but I’ll probably get lambasted for saying that.
At the end of the day, they are both very good cars.
If you want luxury go for the RRS
If you want sportiness go for the Cayenne.
 
 
Top