• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Question for Cayenne EV Owners: options you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

cometguy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2018
Threads
2
Messages
209
Reaction score
41
Location
New England, USA
Vehicles
'21 Taycan CT4; '18 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid (past); Cayenne 4 Electric (planned)
Country flag
Long-time Porsche owner here, so I'm very familiar with special-ordering (have special-ordered four 4-door Porsches so far; my forthcoming Cayenne Electric will be my fifth).

Everybody is different, and choices are pretty subjective, but my philosophy is that (a) these cars are over-priced to start with, with huge depreciation in the first 1-2 years; and (b) I tend to get a very minimal amount of add-on options because I feel that the vehicles have plenty of good features standard to start with. So, that's context for my "harsh" comments below.

First, I've test-driven multiple Cayenne Electrics (base) and multiple Cayenne S Electrics (both regular SUV and Coupe versions). I feel that any difference the S acceleration vs. the base acceleration is barely perceptible and not worth the extra money.

I go for the smallest aero wheels for better range, less expense on replacement, and more safety (more sidewall), so that saves a ton of money there. I keep all-metal roof because that's my preference; I hate glass roofs, as an owner (as a passenger in somebody else's car, they're fine). My biggest optional expenses are the exterior paint, ventilated seats, heated windshield, and the 14-way seats; minor options include a compass on the dashboard and black trim around the windows (if silver is standard). And the granddaddy option for me is a full set of 20-inch aero wheels with winter tires.

I avoid "Premium Packages" like the plague because they're expensive and most things in those packages are things that I don't need or don't even want.
I keep standard black interior (no extra money for seat materials) because lighter colors age badly and short dirt quickly (white/beige and red seats are the worst in this regard). No extra money spent on interior trim, seat embossing, upgraded sound systems, etc. All other options I ignore. I would possibly get the night-vision infrared camera if it were an option in the Cayenne Electric here in the US (but it's not), and I'd definitely get the manual charge-port doors if they were optional in the Cayenne Electric as they are in the Macan EV (but they're not).

Not including the winter-wheel set (which I likely will buy some time after the car), I only add $4k-$5k USD in options. In the past, I've paid extra for LCA, ACC, heated steering wheel, etc. -- but they're all standard now (in the US, anyway). So dealerships don't like me as much as those of you who add tens of thousands of dollars of options, but it works for me, and my depreciation is not as big :) ... (So, I'm looking at ca. $115k-$116k MSRP for a Cayenne Electric on special order, and my dealer will give me some significant discount off that, as a multiple-car buyer -- maybe as much as 4.5%, which would make my add-on options practically "free".)
 
Last edited:

LLA53

Well-Known Member
First Name
Iain
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
54
Reaction score
34
Location
Bournemouth UK
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S / Cayenne EV Turbo on order
Country flag
Long-time Porsche owner here, so I'm very familiar with special-ordering (have special-ordered four 4-door Porsches so far; my forthcoming Cayenne Electric will be my fifth).

Everybody is different, and choices are pretty subjective, but my philosophy is that (a) these cars are over-priced to start with, with huge depreciation in the first 1-2 years; and (b) I tend to get a very minimal amount of add-on options because I feel that the vehicles have plenty of good features standard to start with. So, that's context for my "harsh" comments below.

First, I've test-driven multiple Cayenne Electrics (base) and multiple Cayenne S Electrics (both regular SUV and Coupe versions). I feel that any difference the S acceleration vs. the base acceleration is barely perceptible and not worth the extra money.

I go for the smallest aero wheels for better range, less expense on replacement, and more safety (more sidewall), so that saves a ton of money there. I keep all-metal roof because that's my preference; I hate glass roofs, as an owner (as a passenger in somebody else's car, they're fine). My biggest optional expenses are the exterior paint, ventilated seats, heated windshield, and the 14-way seats; minor options include a compass on the dashboard and black trim around the windows (if silver is standard). And the granddaddy option for me is a full set of 20-inch aero wheels with winter tires.

I avoid "Premium Packages" like the plague because they're expensive and most things in those packages are things that I don't need or don't even want.
I keep standard black interior (no extra money for seat materials) because lighter colors age badly and short dirt quickly (white/beige and red seats are the worst in this regard). No extra money spent on interior trim, seat embossing, upgraded sound systems, etc. All other options I ignore. I would possibly get the night-vision infrared camera if it were an option in the Cayenne Electric here in the US (but it's not), and I'd definitely get the manual charge-port doors if they were optional in the Cayenne Electric as they are in the Macan EV (but they're not).

Not including the winter-wheel set (which I likely will buy some time after the car), I only add $4k-$5k USD in options. In the past, I've paid extra for LCA, ACC, heated steering wheel, etc. -- but they're all standard now (in the US, anyway). So dealerships don't like me as much as those of you who add tens of thousands of dollars of options, but it works for me, and my depreciation is not as big :) ...
I call this sensible, but its a Porsche its not meant for sensible, do i need the turbo, or all the accessories like active ride, rear wheel steer, the interior style pack etc, no absolutely not, but does it look good and will it be fun 100% yes !
 

Clod Reed

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
281
Reaction score
134
Location
Wales UK
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Long-time Porsche owner here, so I'm very familiar with special-ordering (have special-ordered four 4-door Porsches so far; my forthcoming Cayenne Electric will be my fifth).

Everybody is different, and choices are pretty subjective, but my philosophy is that (a) these cars are over-priced to start with, with huge depreciation in the first 1-2 years; and (b) I tend to get a very minimal amount of add-on options because I feel that the vehicles have plenty of good features standard to start with. So, that's context for my "harsh" comments below.

First, I've test-driven multiple Cayenne Electrics (base) and multiple Cayenne S Electrics (both regular SUV and Coupe versions). I feel that any difference the S acceleration vs. the base acceleration is barely perceptible and not worth the extra money.

I go for the smallest aero wheels for better range, less expense on replacement, and more safety (more sidewall), so that saves a ton of money there. I keep all-metal roof because that's my preference; I hate glass roofs, as an owner (as a passenger in somebody else's car, they're fine). My biggest optional expenses are the exterior paint, ventilated seats, heated windshield, and the 14-way seats; minor options include a compass on the dashboard and black trim around the windows (if silver is standard). And the granddaddy option for me is a full set of 20-inch aero wheels with winter tires.

I avoid "Premium Packages" like the plague because they're expensive and most things in those packages are things that I don't need or don't even want.
I keep standard black interior (no extra money for seat materials) because lighter colors age badly and short dirt quickly (white/beige and red seats are the worst in this regard). No extra money spent on interior trim, seat embossing, upgraded sound systems, etc. All other options I ignore. I would possibly get the night-vision infrared camera if it were an option in the Cayenne Electric here in the US (but it's not), and I'd definitely get the manual charge-port doors if they were optional in the Cayenne Electric as they are in the Macan EV (but they're not).

Not including the winter-wheel set (which I likely will buy some time after the car), I only add $4k-$5k USD in options. In the past, I've paid extra for LCA, ACC, heated steering wheel, etc. -- but they're all standard now (in the US, anyway). So dealerships don't like me as much as those of you who add tens of thousands of dollars of options, but it works for me, and my depreciation is not as big :) ... (So, I'm looking at ca. $115k-$116k MSRP for a Cayenne Electric on special order, and my dealer will give me some significant discount off that, as a multiple-car buyer -- maybe as much as 4.5%, which would make my add-on options practically "free".)
You could of taken picture of yourself next to fully loaded turbo pretended to everyone it was yours and saved a fortune 😅😂
 

cometguy

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2018
Threads
2
Messages
209
Reaction score
41
Location
New England, USA
Vehicles
'21 Taycan CT4; '18 Panamera 4 ST E-Hybrid (past); Cayenne 4 Electric (planned)
Country flag
I call this sensible, but its a Porsche its not meant for sensible, do i need the turbo, or all the accessories like active ride, rear wheel steer, the interior style pack etc, no absolutely not, but does it look good and will it be fun 100% yes !
I've driven a couple of Cayenne Electric Turbos (and Taycan Turbos, too), and they're absolutely amazing. But the cost is unjustifiable for me. I can't argue that it's great that Porsche offers all their many options, and I'm happy that many people buy so many options because it gives Porsche more money to play with and continue to provide great options in the future. Just like the Cayenne helped save the company, I'm sure that all these expensive 4-door Porsche options help keep the company operating, too. :)
 
OP
OP

verbal kint

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
CA
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Well here we are!! Its awesome, I was a bit apprehensive by going with the style pack in delgada green as well but its absolutely awesome, love it.

20260926_152816.webp


20260926_152821.webp


20260926_152756.webp


20260926_152806.webp


20260926_152746.webp
Congratulations, Thanks for the follow up!!! Looks great and the interior goes well with this color. I have a couple of months ahead of me… This helps.

did you select an option to replace the standard multi color emblem with the grayscale emblem? my dealer quoted $200/ emblem ($1k for the whole car)
 
OP
OP

verbal kint

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
CA
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
Long-time Porsche owner here, so I'm very familiar with special-ordering (have special-ordered four 4-door Porsches so far; my forthcoming Cayenne Electric will be my fifth).

Everybody is different, and choices are pretty subjective, but my philosophy is that (a) these cars are over-priced to start with, with huge depreciation in the first 1-2 years; and (b) I tend to get a very minimal amount of add-on options because I feel that the vehicles have plenty of good features standard to start with. So, that's context for my "harsh" comments below.

First, I've test-driven multiple Cayenne Electrics (base) and multiple Cayenne S Electrics (both regular SUV and Coupe versions). I feel that any difference the S acceleration vs. the base acceleration is barely perceptible and not worth the extra money.

I go for the smallest aero wheels for better range, less expense on replacement, and more safety (more sidewall), so that saves a ton of money there. I keep all-metal roof because that's my preference; I hate glass roofs, as an owner (as a passenger in somebody else's car, they're fine). My biggest optional expenses are the exterior paint, ventilated seats, heated windshield, and the 14-way seats; minor options include a compass on the dashboard and black trim around the windows (if silver is standard). And the granddaddy option for me is a full set of 20-inch aero wheels with winter tires.

I avoid "Premium Packages" like the plague because they're expensive and most things in those packages are things that I don't need or don't even want.
I keep standard black interior (no extra money for seat materials) because lighter colors age badly and short dirt quickly (white/beige and red seats are the worst in this regard). No extra money spent on interior trim, seat embossing, upgraded sound systems, etc. All other options I ignore. I would possibly get the night-vision infrared camera if it were an option in the Cayenne Electric here in the US (but it's not), and I'd definitely get the manual charge-port doors if they were optional in the Cayenne Electric as they are in the Macan EV (but they're not).

Not including the winter-wheel set (which I likely will buy some time after the car), I only add $4k-$5k USD in options. In the past, I've paid extra for LCA, ACC, heated steering wheel, etc. -- but they're all standard now (in the US, anyway). So dealerships don't like me as much as those of you who add tens of thousands of dollars of options, but it works for me, and my depreciation is not as big :) ... (So, I'm looking at ca. $115k-$116k MSRP for a Cayenne Electric on special order, and my dealer will give me some significant discount off that, as a multiple-car buyer -- maybe as much as 4.5%, which would make my add-on options practically "free".)
Makes sense. I usually try to balance “foundational” upgrades/options but it hasn’t helped much with this purchase. 🤣
 

LLA53

Well-Known Member
First Name
Iain
Joined
Oct 11, 2021
Threads
3
Messages
54
Reaction score
34
Location
Bournemouth UK
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S / Cayenne EV Turbo on order
Country flag
Congratulations, Thanks for the follow up!!! Looks great and the interior goes well with this color. I have a couple of months ahead of me… This helps.

did you select an option to replace the standard multi color emblem with the grayscale emblem? my dealer quoted $200/ emblem ($1k for the whole car)
Yes I have the grey outline on the headrests, but the exclusive on the arm rest
 

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
471
Reaction score
461
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
Happy with spec as ordered. Car is a compromise as I set myself a limit (well, didn't work out). Things I would have loved: techno 22 wheels, I really like Mystic green, massage seats and possibly engine sound. Would I give up on chosen interior choices and technology, no. HUD in combination with InnoDrive is great, passenger screen looks better, Race tex roof liner looks great with all black interior (have carbon). RAS is a must when used in the city IMHO. Coupé is tempting but wouldn’t give up on amazing glass roof.
 

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
471
Reaction score
461
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
New AMG electric in black is tempting though, nice interior and rear space should be OK but haven’t seen in the flesh.
 

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
261
Reaction score
138
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
did you select an option to replace the standard multi color emblem with the grayscale emblem? my dealer quoted $200/ emblem ($1k for the whole car)
The "greyscale" emblems are unique to the Turbo. It's Turbonite. It comes standard like that (and indeed all Turbos from Porsche, not just the Cayenne). Until they changed to MY27, that's how it came, but you can now select the colour emblems if you get a Turbo. What you shouldn't be able to do is put Turbonite emblems on anything less than a Turbo, and I'm surprised Porsche would allow it, as it devalues the exclusivity of the Turbo.
 
OP
OP

verbal kint

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
CA
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
The "greyscale" emblems are unique to the Turbo. It's Turbonite. It comes standard like that (and indeed all Turbos from Porsche, not just the Cayenne). Until they changed to MY27, that's how it came, but you can now select the colour emblems if you get a Turbo. What you shouldn't be able to do is put Turbonite emblems on anything less than a Turbo, and I'm surprised Porsche would allow it, as it devalues the exclusivity of the Turbo.
I knew it was standard on the Cayenne Turbo electric, but didn’t know it was the emblem style for all Porsche turbos. I also missed that LLA53’s Cayenne EV was a turbo. Thanks!
 

peacoj

New Member
First Name
Jon
Joined
Jun 11, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
2
Reaction score
3
Location
USA
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo EV, Taycan GTS
Country flag
Current Owners, in hindsight, are there any options that you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

My order is in (Electric S) and my window for change is closing. It would be great to get feedback on options, colors, etc or choices that you would chosen differently now that you’ve had time with the car.

is there anything you’ve learned that would help those of us going through the process?

Thanks in advanced!
I bought the Turbo as I liked the extras and the front aero design.
The remote parking is a waste of time as the car fails more often than it succeeds parking in my garage.
This is the second time I have had rear wheel steering, as I like the low speed maneuvering and high speed stability.
I wish I had gone for 22inch wheels as they would have looked better.
Ventilated seats where I live is essential.

I love the car - even better than the Taycan GTS it replaced.
 
OP
OP

verbal kint

Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
15
Reaction score
10
Location
CA
Vehicles
Model Y Performance
Country flag
I bought the Turbo as I liked the extras and the front aero design.
The remote parking is a waste of time as the car fails more often than it succeeds parking in my garage.
This is the second time I have had rear wheel steering, as I like the low speed maneuvering and high speed stability.
I wish I had gone for 22inch wheels as they would have looked better.
Ventilated seats where I live is essential.

I love the car - even better than the Taycan GTS it replaced.
Perfect, thanks! I had park assist with a former model X and never used it.

thanks!
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
369
Reaction score
263
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Perfect, thanks! I had park assist with a former model X and never used it.

thanks!
Remote park is a step up from park assist - it should allow you to park the car from outside, say in a garage or drive it out.
 
 
Top