• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Speed Cameras on Porsche SatNav

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
10
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
When using the Porsche SatNav it wasn’t showing any speed camera locations (not that I was speeding! ). I looked through all the settings but couldn’t seem to find a way of doing it.
can anyone help?
 

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
481
Reaction score
471
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
As far as I am aware, it doesn’t work in UK. I use Porsche Nav for route planning (must for longer trips with charging stops for battery preconditioning) and just turn on Waze - no route planning. Porsche route planing will still be live in instrument cluster. If you start planning route in Waze as well, this will turn off Porsche route planning. In Macan you could have both active if you started Waze on iPhone first, then start route planning in Porsche and then connect phone with active Waze.
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
375
Reaction score
275
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
The German manufacturers stopped including speed cameras and blocked uploading them as POI’s I think due to speed camera locators being illegal in France. Merc’s used to allow uploading gps locations as POI’s but turned that off years ago.

Range Rovers include them but in 2 years the car never received a map update so the camera locations were suspect.

As CHP says you’ll have to use an App in CarPlay
 
OP
OP

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
13
Reaction score
10
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
As far as I am aware, it doesn’t work in UK. I use Porsche Nav for route planning (must for longer trips with charging stops for battery preconditioning) and just turn on Waze - no route planning. Porsche route planing will still be live in instrument cluster. If you start planning route in Waze as well, this will turn off Porsche route planning. In Macan you could have both active if you started Waze on iPhone first, then start route planning in Porsche and then connect phone with active Waze.
Many thanks
 

ajcham2003

Member
First Name
Alan
Joined
Jul 16, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
12
Reaction score
11
Location
UK
Vehicles
BMW iX M60
Country flag
I have speed camera locations on my BMW iX. It is a small extra annual charge bought via their online store. It's fully integrated in the BMW sat nav, with warnings popping up on the dash and in the hud, so at least one German manufacturer still does it. Do Porsche have extra online services like that you can add on to the car?
 
 
Top