• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Lane assist

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
380
Reaction score
278
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
My dealer it telling me that as long as I have the fob and either the key or the digital key then the tracker will work. I'll have to test it.
Yes it will work - I only use the key and not my phone. It is a good tracker and now they disable the car without the fob its definitely an improvement of the 2025 system.

When you sell or return the car it has to remain on the vehicle you cannot transfer it to another car. Vodafone will give you a credit for any unused subscriptions against another tracker.
 

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
270
Reaction score
147
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
I have a Vodafone tracker arranged by the dealer. I’ve just received a replacement fob as the battery in mine had an intermittent issue. You’ll see a earlier posts by myself and CHP regards forgetting the fob - the car will not allow selection of forward or reverse but very alarmingly will show a message saying something like system failure, arrange dealer !

I'm in the Netherlands, but I think the official tracker fitted by the dealer is Vodafone still, so I guess it'll be the same.

I guess it's a good idea to carry a spare battery for the fob then?!

I actually think it's a good idea that it won't start without the fob, as in the past I've had cars where I've forgotten the fob when I've driven off, only to receive a phone call five minutes later asking me where my car is. It avoids this embarrassment. I guess the issue is not knowing what that message means in the first place. 😂
 
  • Like
Reactions: CHP

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
483
Reaction score
471
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
I'm in the Netherlands, but I think the official tracker fitted by the dealer is Vodafone still, so I guess it'll be the same.

I guess it's a good idea to carry a spare battery for the fob then?!

I actually think it's a good idea that it won't start without the fob, as in the past I've had cars where I've forgotten the fob when I've driven off, only to receive a phone call five minutes later asking me where my car is. It avoids this embarrassment. I guess the issue is not knowing what that message means in the first place. 😂
Much better, although seeing red circle of death after 2 lemon was a very unpleasant surprise 😂
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
380
Reaction score
278
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
The fob has a built in battery, I’m pretty sure you can’t replace it. They provided a new fob when my intermittent issue first occurred.
 

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
251
Reaction score
217
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
I received an email yesterday regarding the Tracker Fobs/Cards. They are being "upgraded"

"As part of your security service package, we are pleased to provide you with an upgrade to our new driver cards, designed to deliver improved performance and functionality."

I haven't bothered with digital key. Fine to stay old-school
 
OP
OP

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
16
Reaction score
11
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
I received an email yesterday regarding the Tracker Fobs/Cards. They are being "upgraded"

"As part of your security service package, we are pleased to provide you with an upgrade to our new driver cards, designed to deliver improved performance and functionality."

I haven't bothered with digital key. Fine to stay old-school
I don’t know if I’m doing this correctly, but I have a tracker monitor fitted. I have ditched the key and use the digital key on my phone, but I take the fob with the house keys with me when I go out in the car.
My thinking is that a thief would need to steal the fob and the phone to avoid being tracked, as opposed to strays bunch of keys with the fob attached.
Feels weird though, walking to the car without a key, and being able to start it and drive it away.
only done this in the last few days, but seems to work ok.
 

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
251
Reaction score
217
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
I don’t know if I’m doing this correctly, but I have a tracker monitor fitted. I have ditched the key and use the digital key on my phone, but I take the fob with the house keys with me when I go out in the car.
My thinking is that a thief would need to steal the fob and the phone to avoid being tracked, as opposed to strays bunch of keys with the fob attached.
Feels weird though, walking to the car without a key, and being able to start it and drive it away.
only done this in the last few days, but seems to work ok.
Hmmm... maybe i consider the digital key after all. You're right. It is probably more unlikely to have fob and phone stolen. I'm sure none of us keep our key and fob attached to each other though :rolleyes:
 

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
270
Reaction score
147
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
Feels weird though, walking to the car without a key, and being able to start it and drive it away.
only done this in the last few days, but seems to work ok.
I felt the same a few months ago before I got my iX3. Now, I wish every car I drove had Digital Key. It's a game changer.
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
17
Messages
380
Reaction score
278
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
I received an email yesterday regarding the Tracker Fobs/Cards. They are being "upgraded"

"As part of your security service package, we are pleased to provide you with an upgrade to our new driver cards, designed to deliver improved performance and functionality."

I haven't bothered with digital key. Fine to stay old-school
My Vodafone fob was replaced last week - the issue it was meant to resolve has actually become more prelevant and very frustrating. Since having it linked by Vodafone it now fails to connect about 50% of the time. Today it failed on two start ups so the car would not drive. I strongly believe the so called upgraded fobs are really just overcoming this issue.
 
 
Top