• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Lane assist

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
Having just had my Car delivered, I have and will have no end of questions about the display etc, as the software is pretty incredible, but initially complicated to find a way round it.
First question is how can I turn the lane assist off. I can’t stand the thing, especially on B Roads.
 

W1NGE

Well-Known Member
First Name
Adrian
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
42
Messages
3,979
Reaction score
186
Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicles
992.2, ex Taycan GTS ST owner, Macan T
Country flag
Lane Change or Lane Keep?

Press the button on the underside of the lower left stalk to see a message / press and hold to disable (same on all Porsches).

On Cayenne EV - additionally you can swipe down from the top on the central display and you should also see an option to disable various items including Speed Limit warnings.

There are other ways to do the same including creating a personalised widget to add this stuff or programme one of the two diamond (joker) buttons on either the steering wheel or dashboard. Press and hold to see the menu option for function assignment.

Porsche Cayenne EV Lane assist 1790840882479-62
 
OP
OP

MikeyS

Member
First Name
Mike
Joined
Sep 9, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
12
Reaction score
9
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne S ev
Country flag
Thank you WINGE, much appreciated.
 

Weston

Member
First Name
Weston
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Uk
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mike S, you read my mind! I was thinking of a similar thread!

On my Taycan, lane assist was a turn it off and it stayed off. I understand it's a legal requirement now for it to be reset every time the car starts.

Like you I hate the assist on B roads, makes the car even more dangerous!

I tend to use the screen option but my son is pretty quick and doing it as he sits in the passanger seat!
 

Weston

Member
First Name
Weston
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Uk
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
Mike S can I hijack your thread?

What widgets are people putting on the three screens?

Are people using the normal key or digital key?
 

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
477
Reaction score
466
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
Mike S can I hijack your thread?

What widgets are people putting on the three screens?

Are people using the normal key or digital key?
I have to use normal key as I have tracker. Widgets are quite personal. I think I need to rearrange mine, initial play and test time period is now over. I found Ai widget quite useful. Swiping through the 3 screens can be distracting so would try to get one screen right.
 

Weston

Member
First Name
Weston
Joined
Dec 20, 2019
Threads
2
Messages
24
Reaction score
9
Location
Uk
Vehicles
997.1 Taycan 4s
Country flag
I have to use normal key as I have tracker. Widgets are quite personal. I think I need to rearrange mine, initial play and test time period is now over. I found Ai widget quite useful. Swiping through the 3 screens can be distracting so would try to get one screen right.
Ah, good point, Id forgotten that the tracker needs the physical key and the fob.
 
 
Top