• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Windscreen 'dustiness' - in low, bright sunlight

TomD

New Member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Rutland
Vehicles
e Cayenne S
Country flag
Hello,

The windscreen on my e Cayenne appears to be dusty/misted in low, bright sunlight. It is totally clean on the inside and outside, so I am worried this looks like a manufacturing issue (e.g. tiny bubbles on the laminate or in the glass itself).

Has anyone else experienced this issue? It does not seem to respond to cleaning.

I have the e cayenne s with acoustic glass.
 

W1NGE

Well-Known Member
First Name
Adrian
Joined
Jan 11, 2021
Threads
43
Messages
3,992
Reaction score
206
Location
Aberdeen, Scotland
Vehicles
992.2, Cayenne Coupé EV on order
Country flag
Your thermal and acoustic glass option (double glazing in effect) is the reason - there is a thin layer of plastic bonded between 2 panes of glass essentially.

Additionally, if you have the heated windshield option then that also has a film which when heated clears the windshield (uses the 12v battery and active only when the rear demister is switched on).
 
OP
OP

TomD

New Member
First Name
Tom
Joined
Sep 27, 2026
Threads
2
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Rutland
Vehicles
e Cayenne S
Country flag
I agree it looks like the issue is on the laminate layer - and this appears to be a manufacturing flaw - a windscreen should be clear.
 

Moheisen(FirstEV)

Well-Known Member
First Name
Mohammad
Joined
Oct 2, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
228
Reaction score
208
Location
Sweden
Vehicles
Cayenne Electric
Country flag
I agree it looks like the issue is on the laminate layer - and this appears to be a manufacturing flaw - a windscreen should be clear.
Yup, I agree with this. I have the thermal and insulated glass (both front and rear) and my windscreen is clear so this is a factory issue. Get to a dealer and claim on the warranty and it should get fixed pretty easily.
 
 
Top