• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Lane assist

Clod Reed

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
293
Reaction score
147
Location
Wales UK
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’m waiting whilst they link the new fob on Thursday. They are sure this will solve the problem. They have lots of fobs in stock in the expectation that all new car owners with the trackers fitted by them may come calling.

Vodafone sent a command to the tracker which should temporarily solve it too. Can’t complain about the speed of response or service provided.
Do you have to have the Vodafone tracker?🫪
 

Wivenhoe

Well-Known Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2025
Threads
18
Messages
395
Reaction score
285
Location
UK
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
Do you have to have the Vodafone tracker?🫪
It did make a marginal difference to the insurance. I have had trackers on my last 6 new cars so seem to order without thinking.

Originally I used them for claiming business miles (before the days apps provided that). Now the Vodafone is also an immobiliser (which I absolutely know works !) it is that bit better at preventing theft. There are people that say if their car is stolen they don’t want it back and I understand that. But the majority of thefts are for breaking the car for spares who don’t damage the car, rather than joy riders wrecking the car for ’fun’.
 

Throb

Well-Known Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2022
Threads
0
Messages
273
Reaction score
151
Location
NL & UK
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Cayenne Turbo (on order), BMW iX3 50, Renault R5
Country flag
I had to have it on my Turbo. Condition with Porsche insurance
Same here in the Netherlands. It's mandatory for the Turbo with Porsche Insurance. However, the premium is only marginally higher than the Cayenne base model I was previously ordering.
 

Matt-Taycan

Well-Known Member
First Name
Matthew
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Threads
7
Messages
259
Reaction score
225
Location
Nottinghamshire
Vehicles
Macan GTS, Taycan GTS ST, Urus SE, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Same here in the Netherlands. It's mandatory for the Turbo with Porsche Insurance. However, the premium is only marginally higher than the Cayenne base model I was previously ordering.
Previously had Macan Turbo insured with them, "transferred" the policy to the Cayenne and in real terms Premium went down £15... Makes no sense to me but not complaining
 

Clod Reed

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
293
Reaction score
147
Location
Wales UK
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Yes but can you fit other makes of tracker instead and are they better or not ?
 
 
Top