• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Cayenne Turbo Coupé Electric: SportDesign or More “Turbo” Without It?

D3REM

Member
First Name
Demi
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
London
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe Electric Turbo
Country flag
This post is aimed at the Turbo crowd, the smaller subset of us who looked at the sensible options, nodded thoughtfully... and then thought, screw sensible.

I’m genuinely interested in one decision, SportDesign (SD), and how other Turbo buyers thought it through. The safe answer is probably just tick the box, and historically that’s exactly what I would have done. But not this time.

I ordered a Cayenne Turbo Coupé Electric for August delivery and will now be lucky to see it by mid-October. That delay has given me far too much time to question two things I left off, the tinted HD-Matrix headlights, which I’m increasingly convinced was a moment of temporary insanity, and, far more seriously, SD.

Spec-wise, I went for my usual brave and adventurous choice... Chromite Black, gloss-black exterior detailing, kept the standard Turbo interior treatment, and added the 22-inch SportTechno wheels to get the widest rear stance possible.

On lighter colours, I concluded that SD works well because of the contrast it creates. On Chromite Black, I struggled to see enough benefit. The configurator certainly didn’t help.

Having now seen a few cars in the flesh, I’m still torn. Does SD make the front look sharper and more purposeful, or simply more angular and a little more generic? And does the standard Turbo front actually retain more of the muscular, aggressive, uniquely Turbo character?

At the rear, I still prefer the unique standard Turbo treatment. That said, a couple of more aggressive fins wouldn’t exactly have ruined my day, provided they looked properly Turbo rather than just another version of the standard SD treatment.

So, for the other members of the slightly irrational Turbo subset, I’d genuinely like to know: did you choose SD or leave the Turbo body alone, what tipped the decision for you, and having now seen the cars in real life, would you make the same choice again?
 
OP
OP

D3REM

Member
First Name
Demi
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
London
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe Electric Turbo
Country flag
Car looks special. And I will sleep a little better tonight knowing you have no regrets. Thx
 

Clod Reed

Well-Known Member
Joined
May 20, 2022
Threads
46
Messages
293
Reaction score
147
Location
Wales UK
Vehicles
Neptune blue Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
I’ve gone with SD ….in a late night clicking frenzy.. hours before my cut off date …..no regrets …it’s being built soon🫪
 
OP
OP

D3REM

Member
First Name
Demi
Joined
Sep 28, 2026
Threads
1
Messages
8
Reaction score
8
Location
London
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne Coupe Electric Turbo
Country flag
I’ve gone with SD ….in a late night clicking frenzy.. hours before my cut off date …..no regrets …it’s being built soon🫪
I know how that feels. haha. Thx for getting back to me
 

CHP

Well-Known Member
First Name
Christian
Joined
Nov 20, 2025
Threads
15
Messages
486
Reaction score
473
Location
London UK
Vehicles
Cayenne EV
Country flag
Every combination has it’s merits and limitations and heavily depends on exterior colour. Don’t think there is an optimal solution yet but this might change with GTS like in Macan though. Brighter colours seem to have a more dominant stance form the back.
 
 
Top