I went through 4 of them in my previous Taycan 4S – but the issue was solved by a software update during 2022. You shouldn't have any problems these days.
Some of my experiences at the time. I'm sure I documented a few more...
Folding mirrors as standard. Is that not a first on a Porsche? This is progress.
I'm rocking a (my first) rear wiper on a loaner Porsche. That thing is the noisiest wiper I've ever experienced. It sounds like an ice scraper. Must be something wrong with it.
I thought it interesting that the Macan EV's headline charging rate is 270 kW. I thought Porsche marketing might have gone for a higher >300 kW.
The splitting of the 800V battery into two 400V ones is smart (and something that was signalled for a long time) but it limits charging to 135 kW –...
The Macan PCM is based on Android Automotive OS – so is very, very different to the software architecture on our current Taycan's.
However, the PCM hardware – I would imagine – is a standard enough ARM-based computer. I would be certainly surprised if it couldn't run the new OS. However, it...
Pretty much as expected when you look at the MY24 Cayenne. When I moved from the Panamera to the Taycan – I felt the all digital drivers instrument cluster suited the car.
But I feel the I would miss the physical tachometer with proper moving rev needle in a car with an ICE engine. I understand...
https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2023/innovation/porsche-engineering-focus-on-the-essentials-33203.html
Porsche discovers continuous integration (CI) and you'd swear they'd landed on Jupiter the way they are banging on about it!
It's interesting though that this article explicitly focuses on...
Do we have any sense of how much of the "chassis" control systems (RWS, PDCC, 4D Chassis control, braking, steering, etc) is in-house Porsche? That software always feels flawless to me and I assume whatever is being used – has a long heritage and has been battle-hardened for generations.
Is the...