• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. Tsingtao

    Input Needed - Taycan trade in for RS6

    Best advice I can give: Delay the instant gratification thing and keep the Porsche. In a few years time most ICE vehicles will become depreciation machines and you can have your pick of the dinosaur litter at a very nice price — unless of course this global warming thing just turns out to be a...
  2. Tsingtao

    Taycan v. WTF is this thing anyway?

    It is of course the Chinese HiPhi Z, yet another EV that boasts speedy 0-60 times, lots of "futuristic" tech, and design language borrowed from the Pontiac Prozac/Aztek team. The most noteworthy aspect of this car is that it comes (no pun intended) with a little robotic arm to interact with the...
  3. Tsingtao

    Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS?

    My local MB dealer finally received the EQS 580 (in black) with hyper-screen so I swung by for a look. The thing was sold already so I could not drive it, but I could get inside, play with the settings, etc. Outside, the car did not look bad at all in real life, nor did it look overly huge...
  4. Tsingtao

    Lotus Eletre

    Couldn't agree more, all ICE vehicles, no matter the level of refinement, are relics of the past. Noisy, messy, polluting mechanical contraptions. They served their purpose, but now it is time to leave the past in the past.
  5. Tsingtao

    GENESIS GV60 -- I have one on order, should I keep it or cancel?

    For sure keep the order and flip it if you don't like it. I'm in the same boat and ordered a Lyriq for my wife last week. Hopefully the Macan EV and Q6 eTron will make it to market before I have to park a bizarre looking Lyric in my garage; but almost anything EV is better than the...
  6. Tsingtao

    Bentley EV 0-60 in 1.5!

    That is such a good question! To me the thing looks like a complete douche-mobile.
  7. Tsingtao

    Lotus Eletre

    Have not driven in a modern 911. I'm sure that they are nice, and I am sure that, like their Macan brethren, they are noisy and have last-century tachometers stuck front and center on their dashboards. ;)
  8. Tsingtao

    Lotus Eletre

    Maybe I was a little harsh with the word "crude" but every ICE car I've driven since buying a Taycan has seemed crude/last century. And in fairness, the loaner Porsche gave me is the base Macan 4 cylinder with spring suspension. Literally every expansion joint and minor road imperfection is...
  9. Tsingtao

    Lotus Eletre

    I concur. The iPace is not a bad ride at all, and having driven an ICE Macan this week as a loaner, well, let's just say Porsche has some work to do. I had never driven a Macan before and was shocked by what a crude little car it was! In fairness, it handled great, and I really liked the...
  10. Tsingtao

    The New 7 Series BMW

    It is a chickenshit marketing strategy. BMW adopted a shared platform for EV, PHEV and ICE 7s and the result is nothing short of a be-all-things-to-all-people abortion. I'm just a little surprised that the clever Bavarians who designed this platform omitted the smokestack for a coal-fired 7.
  11. Tsingtao

    BMW I4 M50 test drive

    The grill is especially easy to hate, but you touched on another really good point: the dated dash that was simply "updated" by bolting an ipad to it. IMO, BMW's interior problems started with the advent of nav screens. They never could seem to integrate artfully the screens with their...
  12. Tsingtao

    How big is the iX grille?

    Ive been wondering about this for many years. Then I recently watched (on Amazon I think) a program about Jaguar's development of the iPace -- its first ever electric car -- which of course sports a big, fat grill. After watching, and listening to Jag's head of design, I realized that the...
  13. Tsingtao

    Lucid test drive

    I'm in the Midwest and have literally only seen one other Taycan within 50 miles of my base. I ran into one at a Wal*Mart EA charging station but that was it. You would almost think the Taycan was a flying saucer based upon the locals' reactions. Hopefully Porsche will sell some of these...
  14. Tsingtao

    Lucid test drive

    I'd also like it if people would stop taking pics of my car while I am driving -- it is getting creepy. Just yesterday a passenger in a pick-up truck was hanging out the window snapping pics of the Taycan while driving down the highway. And to think, one of the things that attracted me to the...
  15. Tsingtao

    Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS?

    The EQS is a production car and MB is taking orders, not reservations. The dealer in my example is indeed an unethical, opportunistic schmuck. ;)
  16. Tsingtao

    Will you test drive the Mercedes EQS?

    Maybe a good thing that you did not put down a deposit. I spoke with a colleague today who loves my Taycan but needed more range due to his status as a road warrior. Upon my advice and counsel, he shot over to the local MB dealer to order an EQS. The schmucks at the local MB dealer took his...
  17. Tsingtao

    If you’re bored sometime - go test drive a Model 3

    I agree. It is all about the driving experience and the feeling of sitting in a masterpiece of teutonic design. Coincidentally, this morning a couple gym buddies (who arrived in a Model 3) asked if they could see the inside of my Taycan. I did them one better and took them for a ride. As I...
  18. Tsingtao

    This is rich, another Tesla first, blue paint!

    I'm not putting down Tesla at all, I would gladly choose a Tesla over any ICE vehicle. But I stand corrected, blue paint is apparently a big deal to some folks and I do not mean to belittle anyone's paint selection (unless of course it is Frozenberry -- a color which should be outlawed).
  19. Tsingtao

    Hongqi

    https://insideevs.com/news/491382/video-dirt-cheap-china-ev-outselling-tesla-model-3/ What about this "beast"? It is a lot of EV for $5,000. The damn thing is cheaper than my golf cart -- better range too. Watch out EZGO!
  20. Tsingtao

    This is rich, another Tesla first, blue paint!

    This was posted as a public service to (hopefully) deter the teslarati trolls from starting yet another inane "who has considered a model s " thread on this forum. I found it laughable that the addition of a couple new paint colors at tesla was even news. But despite my best efforts, do not be...
Top