• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. Had an interesting chat with some dudes from Lucid test team

    I was in Vegas this past weekend too, what's most surprising to me is that you were standing outside chatting with people in that 100 degree heat :) Also fwiw the drive from LA was a breeze, one stop in Barstow Walmart for about 15 min, arrived with about 120 miles left to spare. Drove 75-80mph...
  2. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    My friend took delivery of his Plaid a couple days ago, and I got a chance to ride in it today. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to drive it. We did a launch, which was insane. We both literally got light headed in the 2 seconds it took to hit 60mph. Interior is definitely improved over my...
  3. Cayenne EV - Dealer Pickup / Delivery Checklist

    fwiw, there are ways to use magnets or even some sort of cling wrap material to temporarily slap them on, then take them off when you don't need them. I looked into this option for the Model S as well, but again, for me, it wasn't worth the effort. Google around for it if you're interested...
  4. Cayenne EV - Dealer Pickup / Delivery Checklist

    I also never put the stickers on my Model S. I made the calculation that the number of times I would need to: 1. Drive on a trafficky freeway 2. Said freeway has a carpool lane 3. I'm driving by myself would be rare enough that it wouldn't be worth the eyesore of the stickers. In my 3 years...
  5. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I actually have test driven the Model 3 before, back when my 2018 Model S lease was ending and I was trying to decide whether I would stick with my refreshed Model S LR order or go with the Taycan. The Model 3 was a longshot that I was pretty sure would not have the...
  6. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    Thanks for the feedback. Did you rent from Turo? I wonder if it will be possible to test drive the LR soon. Having a Taycan now, and only one month out from driving my 2018 Model S, I'd be real curious to compare the driving experience between the 3 cars "back to back". With the reports of Plaid...
  7. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    No, that's why I said my earlier comment would be off! I was expecting it to be similar to the previous gen, just faster and with a new interior.
  8. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    Wow, if true, then I would be very impressed and surprised, and my earlier comment about it driving like my 2018 Model S would be way off. My friend is waiting for delivery on his, now I can't wait to ride/drive it.
  9. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    You could probably sell the Model 3 for a ridiculous price right now, based on what I'm hearing. A coworker claims he sold his 2019 Model 3 with 20k miles to Carmax for the same price he bought it for. WTF?
  10. Scared to ask... anyone tempted by Model S Plaid?

    I cancelled my Model S Long Range (not Plaid) order to get the Taycan. Having driven a 2018 Model S for 3 years up until a week ago, I know how the Model S drives, and I'm pretty sure that part doesn't change with the Plaid. Although the 2 second 0-60 is thrilling (though I've never experienced...
  11. [US] - Over the Top - the well equipped EV home garage…for those that wish to "over do it"…

    I arrived at the same conclusion last night -- I think the best course of action would be to buy a Tesla Mobile Connector + TeslaTap and use my existing 14-30 adapter that I have for the Tesla Mobile Connector already. This would allow me to charge at my parents house. Then I can also use the...
  12. [US] - Over the Top - the well equipped EV home garage…for those that wish to "over do it"…

    Ah, good tip on checking with Audi and getting a 14-30 14-50 adapter. Thinking more about it, I think I actually need to buy a full 25 ft charger though (3rd party or not), because my inventory order only comes with the standard 8 ft charger and I will need 25 ft to charge off the 14-30. I...
  13. [US] - Over the Top - the well equipped EV home garage…for those that wish to "over do it"…

    wow $114 for an adapter, crazy.... unfortunately I won't have the Tesla mobile charger for long as it has to go back with my lease return, so I won't be able to use it to charge the Taycan. Do you have a 3rd party mobile charger you recommend @daveo4EV ?
  14. [US] - Over the Top - the well equipped EV home garage…for those that wish to "over do it"…

    @daveo4EV, you mentioned in your OP that Porsche sells 14-30 adapters for PMCC. A couple questions: 1. I assume the adapters work for the regular PMC as well? (ie the standard one included with the Taycan) 2. Where can one find this adapter for purchase? I'll need one from time to time. 3. I'm...
  15. Lucid Air first ride

    I was also able to see one of these at Lucid's showroom in LA a couple weeks ago. The exterior is not that exciting for me, kind of reminds me of a Lincoln or something marketed more towards older folks. The interior definitely appeared to have nice materials, though I'm sure it was fully...
  16. Switching from Telsa Model S to Taycan 4S. Feedback from anyone who has done this?!

    Oh awesome, thanks for the link! Great to know there has already been some discussion/research/progress in this area. I'll be reading up on this.
  17. Switching from Telsa Model S to Taycan 4S. Feedback from anyone who has done this?!

    I don't have my Taycan yet so I'm not super familiar with what it can and can't do yet :) Just trying to come up with something that you normally initiate manually from the app that could potentially be automated if you had API access.
  18. Switching from Telsa Model S to Taycan 4S. Feedback from anyone who has done this?!

    Assuming the functionality I described in my last post, you could for example create a Siri Shortcut to turn on the climate control at 5pm every work day, so your car is already precooled for you as you leave the office. This would all happen automatically. Just an example.
  19. Switching from Telsa Model S to Taycan 4S. Feedback from anyone who has done this?!

    If Porsche opened up their API then people can make third party apps to do the same functions that the Porsche app does. So if the app has the ability to precool the car, then theoretically, with API access, you could for example give a Siri command to your Apple Watch/iPhone and have your...
Top