• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Search results

  1. DerekS

    "The Middle Of The United States Is An EV Charging Wasteland" - Article

    Dude must be new to the Taycan, failing to understand: 270 is the theoretical max and almost never actually hit Initial SoC matters and greatly affects the charge speed Nobody gets 350kW in any car (yet) even though that's what the station can theoretically provide
  2. DerekS

    Porsche Announces Mission R EV Sports Car Concept

    Obviously this only applies if that oil system makes its way into a consumer version.
  3. DerekS

    Porsche Announces Mission R EV Sports Car Concept

    Oil system makes it a non-starter for me. Part of the benefit for going EV was getting away from the overly-expensive Porsche service visits, most of which were oil changes or other engine-protection issues like spark plugs, belts etc.
  4. DerekS

    Porsche Announces Mission R EV Sports Car Concept

    So how long before this becomes a consumer car? 4 years?
  5. DerekS

    Porsche Announces Mission R EV Sports Car Concept

    Sigh...it uses oil. Still, sign me up if this car makes its way to a consumer version.
  6. DerekS

    What legacy car would you like to see as an EV?

    991 Targa. Man that was my favorite car ever. If it were available as an EV they could name their price.
  7. DerekS

    Test drive 911 and Taycan

    I went from a 991.1 to the Taycan myself. Very different cars as many have noted, but the smooth and seemingly effortless power delivery of the Taycan is really something else. I like it more every time I drive it.
  8. DerekS

    911 to Taycan?

    Thanks for your thoughtful response! This is a spec car so I can't change the options (it lands next week) otherwise Sport Chrono would definitely be on my list. At least it has the bigger battery. I've enjoyed this Targa for 6 full years - it's my favorite car of all my Porsches. I'll miss...
  9. DerekS

    911 to Taycan?

    I heard about that - unfortunately this is a spec car that I'm taking so I don't have a chance to change things. Thanks!
  10. DerekS

    911 to Taycan?

    I've got a 2014 911 Targa 4S and it has been a very well loved car for many years. I have major EV envy though (my wife drives a Tesla) and I'm about 90% on pulling the trigger for a Taycan RWD with the following spec: http://www.porsche-code.com/PM5KQBL3 I am both excited and nervous. I've...
Top