• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Recent content by daveo4EV

  1. daveo4EV

    Cayenne Coupé for Christmas!

    lovely build - I'm super jealous - congratulations!!!
  2. daveo4EV

    14 or 18 ways seats ?

    18 ways are more "supportive" with a more hug your body seat… 14 ways are more "open" but offer "massage" as an option given the Massage options my wife and I choose the 14 ways so we can also get massage… I have 18 ways in the 911 and 14 ways in the Cayenne/Macan w/massage both seats are...
  3. daveo4EV

    Question for Cayenne EV Owners: options you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

    it's way way way cheaper to get any Porsche exactly the way you want it than to start over and do it again with your next "more correct" order - at the end of the day Porsche options are both excessively expensive and insanely cheap depending on your perspective… excessively expensive: charging...
  4. daveo4EV

    Driver Over Charging - when will this be available?

    https://www.cayenneevforum.com/forum/threads/wireless-charging-moving-targets%E2%80%A6.29814/ I wouldn't hold your breath…
  5. daveo4EV

    [Wireless Charging] - moving targets…

    hmmm - this used to be "late 2026"…and now 2027 with no specific qualifier - tech with shipping dates like this have a poor track record of shipping - or when they do ship being a reliable/quality feature/product… the warning signs are flashing…
  6. daveo4EV

    [Shameless Plug] - Experience Cayenne EV's in Iceland - oh my!!!

    you get used to it - high end travel it’s not a bad way to travel
  7. daveo4EV

    [Shameless Plug] - Experience Cayenne EV's in Iceland - oh my!!!

    this looks like a fabulous tour - and having done 2 Porsche travel experiences and signed up for two more in 2027 both my wife and I can highly recommend these tours - you will have a wonderful and fabulous time…the _ONLY_ reason I"m not signing up for this tour myself is my wife and I have...
  8. daveo4EV

    Town between Cayenne S EV and upcoming BMW iX5

    I'm leaning against the BMW due to the following facts: there is no dashboard or display behind the steering wheel - the panoramic display at the bottom of the windshield doesn't do it for me my wife and I do not like a screen that pops-up above the dash the steering wheel looks hideous...
  9. daveo4EV

    [Opinion/PSA] - you don't need or benefit from PCCB's on an EV w/excellent regeneration…

    I'm not saying we don't need friction brakes… we do 100% I'm saying we don't need PCCB's - who's main super power is "endurance" braking … high thermal loads for fade free endurance racing is PCCB's party trick. Porsche's excellent steel/cast-iron brakes are more than up to the task of...
  10. daveo4EV

    [Opinion/PSA] - you don't need or benefit from PCCB's on an EV w/excellent regeneration…

    600 kW regenerative braking _IS_ in the Cayenne EV - Porsche has been very open about formula-e feeding tech to their road cars…in this case Formula-e is an extreme use case but I was blown away by the _FACT_ that they don't even use their wimpy friction brakes during a race - only during...
  11. daveo4EV

    [Opinion/PSA] - you don't need or benefit from PCCB's on an EV w/excellent regeneration…

    interesting follow up from Formula-e I had the pleasure of a dinner with Antonio Felix da Costa - Jaguar's (formerly Porsche) Formula-e Driver - https://www.jaguar.com/en-us/jdx/jaguar-racing/index.html. - London Formula-e Final race Aug. 2026 with Chase Sapphire Reserve Experiences!! -...
  12. daveo4EV

    [Opinion/PSA] - you don't need or benefit from PCCB's on an EV w/excellent regeneration…

    this guy also agrees apparently - PCCB's are pointless on an EV…
  13. daveo4EV

    Has anyone seen a Cayenne EV with standard interior?

    https://www.cayenneevforum.com/forum/threads/cayenne-s-review.29740/#post-444208
  14. daveo4EV

    Cayenne S review

    I know this gentleman personally -he's very very particular about his cars - and owns a Cayenne eHybrid…and is a previous EV owner… https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-macan-ev/1523286-my-impressions-from-a-2026-cayenne-s-electric-test-drive.html it's a good car.
  15. daveo4EV

    Adaptive Cruise Control Issue

    also unless this issue persists for several days or driving sessions could just be standard porsche software faults that clear on their own i never pay attention. to faults on any of my porsches until they “persist” if it’s only happened once or during the same day it’s not yet a fault in...
Top