• Welcome to CayenneEVforum! If you're joining us from Taycanforum, you may already have an account here.

    If you were registered on Taycanforum as of August 27, 2025 or earlier, you can simply login here with the same username and password

    If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Recent content by CHP

  1. CHP

    My Cayenne base EV finally arrived (first impressions, reviews, updates)

    Acceleration, build quality and size. Cayenne is more mature car, but Macan was more fun to drive. For 200k I would get a base Cayenne and used 911 though. It all depends on your needs, Macan GTS may be an option as well.
  2. CHP

    Question for Cayenne EV Owners: options you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

    New AMG electric in black is tempting though, nice interior and rear space should be OK but haven’t seen in the flesh.
  3. CHP

    Question for Cayenne EV Owners: options you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

    Happy with spec as ordered. Car is a compromise as I set myself a limit (well, didn't work out). Things I would have loved: techno 22 wheels, I really like Mystic green, massage seats and possibly engine sound. Would I give up on chosen interior choices and technology, no. HUD in combination...
  4. CHP

    What's your "real world" range?

    When I got my Macan EV in 24, bollards went up after Porsche show room closed. Glad it’s now 24/7 but they are open to public and not only Porsche customers. Not many super fast chargers around, most are 100-130 kWh.
  5. CHP

    What's your "real world" range?

    For the Cayenne EV to work, you need a good infrastructure. Similar to you, on longer road trips I used to operate between 80-20% battery which gave me around 3-4 hour drive time. On recent longer trips with Cayenne EV, Porsche nav calculated route perfectly with shorter stops (usually around 4-...
  6. CHP

    Wireless Phone Charging Doesn't Work (Cayenne S EV)

    Based on images circulating, there are two versions. Further, US uses mmWave (higher thermal energy)
  7. CHP

    Wireless Phone Charging Doesn't Work (Cayenne S EV)

    Used it on longer trip (500+ km) to listen to apple music without issues and little one used my iPhone hotspot for her iPad on top of that.
  8. CHP

    Question for Cayenne EV Owners: options you would or wouldn’t have chosen?

    Saw same spec on the road yesterday, looked amazing but only had a glimpse as incoming traffic.
  9. CHP

    Wireless Phone Charging Doesn't Work (Cayenne S EV)

    Active smart phone apps - all that are CPU/GPU heavy or require lots of data to download thus producing heat. Charging may stop at 80% or don't work at all.
  10. CHP

    Wireless Phone Charging Doesn't Work (Cayenne S EV)

    Strange, not sure if @Wivenhoe or @Moheisen(FirstEV) use an iPhone but they haven't mentioned any problems. Maybe there is a problem with MagSafe on yours. Would try it without cover just to test.
  11. CHP

    Wireless Phone Charging Doesn't Work (Cayenne S EV)

    I have the iPhone 17 Pro Max with apple case. I do get error message at times but most of the time due to some other items in the compartment dislodging the iPhone. I would say, it's one of the better solution for hidden compartment.
  12. CHP

    Curved screen - Navigation only displayed in upper half of screen

    Hi, noticed on my trip back from Germany that Porsche navigation was only displayed in top half at end of trip. Thought I played too much with widgets, all other systems including apple car play worked fine using full screen. Regarded this as one off glitch but noticed today same problem. Used...
  13. CHP

    What's your "real world" range?

    I have only done 1.5k miles but from my experience, there is not much of a difference between Macan and Cayenne on longer drives. Outside temperature and driving style have a bigger impact. The one thing that stands out in comparison to Macan however is charging speed, makes all the difference...
  14. CHP

    2027 Cayenne Electric EV gets more colors (PTS paint-to sample) and more features: automatic opening doors, massage / ventilated seats with 4D audio

    Speak to your dealer. I optioned this for Macan and was advised this may be problematic (door sill in leather as well) in the long run.
Top